Pages

Saturday, February 25, 2012

recap. really quick. or not really quick. whatever.

Ok. It has been three months since my last post. Seriously. What is my problem? Oh yeah.... I discovered pinterest. Big problem there. Can I get a holla?

Here is a run down of what has happened since December 7th:






  • Nick got home on December 17! We picked him up at the airport where he and Rhett met for the first time. Rhett tried to grab his name tag, and I'm not sure who was more upset. Nick at the thought of having to give it up shortly, or Rhett who couldn't seem to persuade Uncle Elder Nick to hand it over. Couple things on this one. First, there were lots of missionaries coming home that day. The family standing next to us had those balloons. I thought I would take a picture to make it look like we brought them, but alas I will resort to honesty. Try not to be disappointed. Second, the mother of that family sprinted to her son when she saw him and kissed him square on the mouth. I don't know who was more mortified, him or us.






  • Christmas with Rhett. Can life get any better? I submit that it cannot. Except for maybe when he figures out what is going on and stops eating wrapping paper. Sidenote: That picture of Christ and the little black children below was a gift from my sweet mother in law to Dewy. He served his mission in Kenya Africa, and there is a cool story behind the picture. That is the picture hanging in the new Gana temple, and when the lady was taking the picture of the man it was supposed to just be a picture of the Savior. Off in the distance, those kids were playing and saw the man who looked like Christ and ran to him with hugs and kisses. I think we all cried when he opened that one for a good few minutes.








  • At some point in December I found out that I passed my final test to receive my teaching license. Yep I have been a fraud for almost two years now. It takes someone legit to get teacher of the year without being a teacher. Your applause would be appropriate right now. Go ahead.


  • In January mom turned 47. I may or may not have emailed her professor (who was my academic advisor when I was at WSU and as such makes the fact that I emailed him much less creepy) to tell him it was her birthday. He announced to the class that she ws 50 (which was NOT what I told him) and they sang. I also may or may not have gotten a threatening text from mom after that. Oh well.


  • On February 3 I BECAME AN AUNT FOR THE FIRST TIME!! Oh man... watch out. I finally have a little girl around to make tutus, dresses, and headbands for. My sister in law BranDee and her husband JT welcomed sweet little Ann Houghton (said How-ton) into the world. Is that not the most adorable name ever? She has stolen our hearts...except for Rhett who seems to get really angry when his mom and dad hold his cousin. He isn't impressed. She has a few health complications, and if you can find it in your heart to pray for the little sweetie we would appreciate it.


  • On February 9 my dad turned 48 and I was the first one to sing to him via text message because he was in Vegas on business. That night we had cake and ice cream for him, and partied hard until Rhett decided he was done with the party when no one would let him have his own piece of cake.



  • The entire month of February our house was sick. We are doomed to catch diseases around here with a teacher and a banker in the house. Sorry Rhett. And everyone else we shared it with. We like to share at our house.


  • I have started to become more comfortable in my calling as primary chorister (mostly thanks to pinterest and my fabulous presidency who lies to me every week and tells me how awesome I am). I no longer cry every Sunday after Primary, and that my friends is a large milestone. Little people are hilarious. I may or may not have a favorite little person in primary too. He tells me all about his sweater that his grandma bought him and the fact that they don't have any babies at their house so he doesn't understand the concept of people coming to see babies when they are born (we were talking about Christ's birth so at least he was somewhat on topic with that one).


  • Other than that, we are alive and well and counting down the days for a few things. First, my 24th birthday is now in less than a month. I might be the only one counting down to that. Second, our dear friends Haulee and Shane are expecting their first baby in July and it is also a girl! MORE HEADBANDS!! WOOT WOOT!



    (I sell those by the way if you want some...call me, text me, email me, something... please...) And finally, in April we are taking a big family trip to South Carolina where Nick served his mission!


I have now mostly caught up on what has happened the last few months. Cause you all cared right? And when I said you all I meant the two people who ever read this blog. And when I say read I really mean stalk. It's fine.



6 thoughts:

Rachel said...

Oh my gosh, I miss you so much!!! And can I just say that Baby Rhett is ADORABLE?!!! Because he is. :o) Love your face.

The Ballard's said...

Comment #2, so we both checked in (as your only two readers as mentioned in the post) I was literally going to comment on your last post just last night and tell you to get a life and update. I am so glad you did. I need to see you. I miss you terribly.

Brooke and Ben said...

I love the update. Rhett is so cute, and I probably just might have laughed really hard the other night when my mom told me about him eating his crib.
I think imagining Dewy dealing with it is SO funny because I know just how he would be. Hilarious.
We miss you. Baby showers and weddings are not the only time we should see each other.

Natalie said...

Amber I am so glad you updated! It's good to hear you guys are doing good! I will def been keeping brandee and jt in our prayers I hope and pray all will be well with their little girl! I can't believe Rhett is 10months! He is darling!

Anonymous said...

I'm such a stalker!You are perfect and so is Rhett! I miss you tons. We should play.

marciw60 said...

So glad you wrote finally so I can stalk you once again! Your posts are so entertaining! I love the way you write and your little boy is adorable too!